fashion

fashion
ahh

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fashion From the Beginning

Before moving to Savannah, A "big city", from my small town perspective, I followed high end designers who were known for keeping it simple and classy yet fashionable at the same time. Michael Kors for example has and will always been one of my favorite designers. He designs high end clothing that suits my personality, didnt turn heads at my small town school, and made me feel like a fashionable young lady. He will always keep the same classy aspect in his designs, because thats what he is known for doing. Other designers like Cole Haan, and Vera Wang are what i dreamed of wearing, of course i had to wear designers that were more affordable to my taste such as basic Bananna Republic, Ralph Lauren, and J. Crew. I never got to crazy with my outfits, the first reason being i didnt feel comfortable wearing things that other people werent wearing around me, Second  i was stuck in a bubble, I didnt understand how to mix the latest trends without changing my own fashion personality. Im still working on developing my own style while adding new fashion trends to the mix. "Simple and Classy, yet fashionable" thats my motto.





My first Day as a Fashion Student at SCAD, i pulled out one of my basic outfits which included: a pair of designer jeans, button down polo (which was tucked in my jeans),  black belt, and a classic pair of black pumps. I quickly learned that wasn't exactly the norm here. There were so many different trends, things that i never saw anyone wear back at my high school and from then on i have been on a fashion roller coaster.

Watching my classmates, meeting new people, and traveling to different cities is what has helped me develope my own sense of fashion, i look forward to sharing my fashion ideas,  knowledge of designers, and experiences i have had with myself and my peers with putting together looks to go alone with your own style while at the same time adding the latest trends in.



No comments:

Post a Comment