fashion

fashion
ahh

Friday, April 8, 2011

Fashion Trends for women...and Men?

Men are finally embracing the feminine trends we have been trying to get them to do for years, but how much is too much?

So I have noticed that trends for women and men are merging together, it has become hard to tell a straight man from a gay man! I have been seeing men getting pedicures, maniures, and facials very frequently the past year. I remember when I would beg my guy friends to go with me for mani/pedis and they just were not having it! I guess really we (women) shouldn't complain, I mean we HAVE been waiting years for the day when our boyfriends were asking US to go get mani/pedis, facials, etc with them!

 On a quick side note lets talk about makeup, I get my makeup done at MAC often and personally, I think I would rather a male apply it. Everyone should take a trip to the mall and just look around at how fashion for men is evolving I guarantee at every makeup counter you will see at least one male makeup artist. (they are wearing the makeup as well)






I guess it's about time for men to enjoy taking care of their body, but is there a line that should not be crossed? I mean I get it go relax and have your nails done, but should you really get the clear polish as well?

Enough about fashion hygiene...how about the lastest fashion trends for men? We have wedged shoes, skirts, jewelry, and handbags for  men to wear. I know that a lot of straight guys, at least where I am                      from, would never be caught dead in a skirt and especially wouldn't walk around carrying a murse! But it's very much on the fast track to stardum...all men expect us to hold there things when we go out "Hey do you have any chapstick?" or "Will you put this in your bag?" why dont you carry your own bags...all the celebrities are doing it ;)

David Beckham

        Gucci                                       Matthew Mcconaughey

A few of my favorite designers are designing mens wear and it looks like the inspiration is coming from womens wear and the same goes for woman. We are wearing "boyfriend jeans" and "mens blazers"

                                                                             Prada
                                                                          Dsquared
Calvin Klein
All im trying to say is, clearly the line between whats acceptable for mens fashion and womens fashion is dissolving...I think it's great! Guys should be able to wear and do the latest fashions and feel comfortablein it. We are in the 21st Century people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment